Paws and Paperbacks
Paws and Paperbacks helps children to develop compassionate relationships with animals by providing an opportunity for both kids and animals to spend time together in a calm and respectful environment.
What: Children ages 6-11 years old can practice their reading skills in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere while giving our ambassador animals the chance to get exercise and socialization. The focus of the interaction is on reading rather than the animal, which teaches children how to be respectful of an animal’s space and body and provides a safe, positive interaction for the animal.
Cost: $10.00 per child
How to sign up:
Reservations are required. Register below!
- All sessions are from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Paws and Paperbacks is for children ages 6-11.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. We can accommodate 10 participants per session, so sign up early!
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- In order to limit the number of people present, parents should plan to drop their children off.
- Please bring your own books to read to minimize shared materials.
- This class is for humans only – please leave your great pets at home!
- Please review the COVID Program Waiver when registering online.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619.299.7012 x 2316
REGISTER HERE for Paws & Paperbacks and other Onsite Youth Education programs.